Best Salon Chairs Under $100
Chairs are an important part of any salon, and good quality chairs add to the decor and the look of the salon. As customers spend most of their time in the chairs, it makes sense to buy chairs that are comfortable and look stylish too. Good quality chairs will also make it easy for staff to work on customers by providing them with a stable place for customers to sit. If you are on a budget, you can find many good chairs for under $100. But keep in mind, the chairs under $100 might not have too many advanced features.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the features you can expect in chairs under $100, reviews of some of the top models of these chairs, their pros and cons, and the frequently asked questions about these chairs. We hope by the end of this article, you will be able to make your mind up about the chair that you want to order for your salon.
Comparison Sheet for Salon Chairs Under $100
|Product Name||Weight||Dimensions||Hydraulics||Warranty||Editor's Rating||Product Page|
|NA||19" x 19"||No||1 Year||4.2||Check on Amazon|
Classic Hydraulic Barber Chair
|88 pounds||NA||Yes||NA||3.2||Check on Amazon|
PayLesshere Auto Recline
|75 pounds||19" x 19"||No||5 Years||4.3||Check on Amazon|
BR Beauty "Kate" Professional Salon
|37.7 pounds||19.5" x 19.5"||No||1 Year||3.5||Check on Amazon|
20" Wide Hydraulic Barber Chair
|55.7 pounds||19" x 20"||Yes||NA||3.2||Check on Amazon|
Classic Hydraulic Styling Barber Chair
|50.7 pounds||20" x 19"||Yes||NA||3.5||Check on Amazon|
Features to Expect in Salon Chairs Under $100
Even though budget chairs are not too feature heavy, some models have features that make these chairs a steal. Here’s a look at some of the features that you can expect in salon chairs under $100.
- Elegant Looks – Buying a salon chair under $100 does not mean you will have to compromise on the looks of the chair. These chairs have modern looks that are perfect for any modern salon that caters to high-end clientele.
- Comfortable – The chairs are designed to be comfortable even at their price range. With soft, padded cushions and armrests, you can be sure that your customers will sit comfortably in the chairs.
- Premium Materials – The chairs are made from premium materials that can withstand the daily use in a salon. There are many chairs with heavy-duty steel frames that offer durability for long term use. You can also choose from different colors for the chairs depending on the decor of your salon.
- Modern Design – The modern designs of these chairs will be in vogue for many more years so that your salon can keep looking flawless and in with the modern trends.
- Wide Seats – Long hair cuts or shampoo sessions mean that customers need to be comfortable at all times so that the staff can work with ease. The wide seats give the customers freedom of movement and keep them comfortable.
1) LCL Beauty Automatic Recline Shampoo Chair with Double-Reinforced Steel Frame
The classic look of this chair adds to its charm and beauty. It is a comfortable chair that is made from black PVC leather. The material gives an elegant look, and it is also easy to clean which makes it perfect for busy salons. The metal frame adds to the durability of the chair as it is double-reinforced steel for added stability. The chair is also comfortable for clients as the high-density foam used in the chair offers extra comfort. The back of the chair can be leaned back for use with shampoo bowls, and the wide seat offers seating comfort for clients of all sizes.
- Wide seat for sitting comfort
- Steel construction for added durability
- Stylish black material to add to salon’s decor
- The chair has a recline feature
- Additional padding on the seat
- The slide mechanism can often malfunction
- The chair squeaks while sliding
- There is no stop on the chair to stop is from sliding till its flat
2) Classic Hydraulic Barber Chair Styling Salon Beauty 3J
This classic shaped chair comes with several features that make it a must-have for any modern salon. The chair is comfortable with a wide seat that is 20” long and 19” wide offering exceptional ease of sitting through haircuts or facials. The saddle of the chair is double-reinforced that prevents any tears or rips in the material. The footrest included with the chair adds to the comfort of the clients during a haircut or a shampoo. It is easy to set up the chair and you can do with the simple tools, and following the directions on the carton.
- Hydraulics allow the chair to be raised easily
- Double reinforced saddle for added durability
- Foam seat adds to the comfort level
- Easy to assemble
- The chair comes with a lock to prevent spinning
- The armrests are difficult to attach
- The chair can be hard to pump up
- The makes noise while turning
- The chair does not swivel easily
3) PayLesshere Modern Fashion Auto Recline Black Shampoo Chair
The recline chair is the ideal chair if you are looking for a budget chair that allows you to shampoo clients and cut their hair with ease. The chair has a spacious seat that offers a comfortable sitting experience during haircuts or facials. The seat of the chair has a small cell, high-density foam that adds to the comfort of the client. The back of the chair can be reclined for easy access to the shampoo bowl while shampooing. The steel frame adds to the durability of the chair, and it is a spacious and useful addition to any modern salon.
- Comfortable seating
- The back reclines easily
- Durable steel frame
- Easy to assemble
- The chair might not include all the screws needed for assembly
- The bottom latch can slide off
4) BR Beauty “Kate” Professional Salon & Barber Auto Recline Shampoo Chair
The BR Beauty chair is a stylish and timeless design that will look at home in any salon. This chair is wide and spacious for all sizes of customers. The cushions of this chair are extra thick which makes them perfect for customers who need to sit in the chair for long durations. The back of the chair reclines easily making it easier to bring a client’s head near the shampoo bowl. The chrome arms of the chair come with comfortable armrests that make it easy to rest the arms on the chair. The chair also comes with a one year warranty.
- Comfortable seating experience
- High-quality metal frame
- Cushioned seat and back
- The back reclines for shampoo
- Heavy-duty chrome arms
- The bolts supplied with the chair are short
- The chair is low in height
5) 20″ Wide Hydraulic Barber Chair Styling Salon Beauty Equipment
This barber’s chair offers optimum comfort and stability for use in busy salon environments. The chair has a heavy duty steel frame that comes with a premium chrome round base for added stability. The wide seat of the chair offers a comfortable sitting experience for all clients. With high-density foam in the seat, this chair will make the client feel comfortable even through long hairdressing or shampoo sessions. The chair also comes with a hydraulic pump so that you can raise it as per your needs. A footrest completes the look of the chair by offering a comfortable place for the clients to place their feet on.
- Powerful hydraulics option
- Easy to assemble with screws already in place
- High-quality material used for making the seat of the chair
- The wide base of the chair adds to the sturdiness
- Footrest for comfortable sitting experience
- The pump can be hard to operate
- The hydraulic pump is reversed in some models
6) Classic Hydraulic Styling Barber Chair Salon Equipment Hair Beauty Supply
The Classic Hydraulic Styling Barber Chair is a salon fixture that is comfortable and stylish. The chair has high-quality red PU leather that gives off a modern look. Moreover, you can use the hydraulic pump to adjust the height of the chair as per your requirement. The seat of the chair is 20” long and 19” wide which makes it ideal for any size of clientele. Maximum load capacity for this chair is 250 lbs so that you can be sure that your clients will be comfortable while sitting in this chair. The wide chrome base of the chair makes it stable for use in busy salons.
- Comfortable seating on a wide chair seat
- A classic look with red PU leather
- Hydraulic pump for height adjustment
- Footrest included
- Steel base for added stability
- The instructions for putting the chair together are not clear
- The fabric of the chair might tear with regular use
- The chair has a strong smell of rubber that goes away with time
- The chair does not pump up too high
Buyers and prospective buyers often have questions and queries about the products they want to buy. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about best salon chairs under $100.
Q1) I did not receive assembly instructions with the chair that I ordered, how can I find a way to assemble the chair?
Ans. You can check out the manufacturer’s website or the brand website for assembly instructions. Another way is to search the chair’s model and make on YouTube and you might find an assembly video.
Q2) The hydraulic pump on the chair is the other way around. What could be the reason for this?
Ans. Many users make the mistake of assembling the hydraulic pump upside down which doesn’t work for smooth functioning of the chair. Make sure you assemble the pump after reading the manufacturer’s instructions.
Q3) How can I keep my salon chair clean?
Ans. You can wipe the chair with a cloth soaked in warm water once you are done for the day.
Q4) Which features should I look for in a chair if I want to use it primarily for shampooing the hair of my clients?
Ans. Make sure the chair has a reclining feature. You should also look for chairs with good quality material that will not get affected by exposure to water and soap.
Q5) I have many clients who are on the heavier side. How can I make sure the chair is safe for their seating?
Ans. Look for chairs that are primarily made for heavier clients. Most chairs have a weight rating. Also, make sure the chair is assembled properly according to the instructions given by the manufacturer or the seller.
Buying a salon chair under $100 does not mean that you have to compromise on the features. Even in chairs under $100, you can find several unique features and designs that will look great in any modern salon. Even then, there are a few things you should keep in mind while buying these chairs. Spend some time on learning how to assemble the chairs and keep all hardware handy. You can also call a professional carpenter to set up the chair for you.
Choose a chair that goes well with the decor of your salon and the purpose for which you have bought the chair. If you do a lot of shampooing in the salon, pick a chair that can be reclined. For a haircut specific salon, it will be better to choose a chair that has good hydraulics for adjusting the height of the chair.
We hope this article has helped you in making up your mind about the chair that will be ideal for your needs. If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to discuss in the comment section.