Best Hair Cutting Cape That Catches The Hair
Hair cutting capes that catch hair are a must in any modern salon. These capes are designed to fit on the client’s neck and keep the hair off the client’s clothes and the floor. By using hair cutting capes, salon owners can add to the looks of their salon and also maintain a clean and sanitized environment in their salon.
Use of capes keeps the clients comfortable and also frees up the time of staff that they would have spent on cleaning the floors. There is a range of capes available in the market and choosing one can be difficult. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the popular hair cutting capes and talk about their features, pros, and cons. We will also take a quick look at the FAQs about salon capes that catch hair.
|Product Name||Size||Weight||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|EWIN(R) 1PCS New Style Hair Cutting Cloak Umbrella Cape||36.5"||5 Ounces||3.3||Check on Amazon|
|Xbes professional Hair Cutting Cape Umbrella Cloak||NA||2.4 Ounces||3.4||Check on Amazon|
|Hair Cutting Cloak Umbrella Cape Salon||NA||2.4 Ounces||3.2||Check on Amazon|
|Barber Cloak, AMA(TM) Hair Cutting Cloak Gown||22"||1.76 Ounces||2.9||Check on Amazon|
|WINOMO Hair Cutting Cape Adult Foldable Hair Cutting Cloak||35.4"||5.9 Ounces||5||Check on Amazon|
Need for Hair Cutting Capes
Here is a quick look at why salon owners should use umbrella shaped hair cutting capes.
- Client Comfort – Modern hair cutting capes are designed with client comfort in mind. For clients that feel restricted and suffocated in traditional capes, umbrella capes are a relief. The cape offers them freedom of movement while keeping the wearer free of hair.
- Increased Staff Efficiency – Haircuts can be messy with hair flying all over the place. Cleaning the hair is a chore in itself for which precious staff time has to be devoted. But with inverted umbrella-shaped hair cutting capes, most of the hair is caught up by the cape so there is minimal need for cleaning the floor.
- Modern Design – The design of the capes for catching the hair is modern and futuristic. It adds to the overall look of the salon and also gives the clients a new feeling that they have come to a salon that keeps up with the trends.
- Durable – The unique design of the hair cutting cape is easy to maintain and store which makes it highly durable. Compared to the usual capes, this style of capes last longer and offer much better protection against stray hair. When not in use, the cape can be folded up and stored in a small space.
1) EWIN(R) 1PCS New Style Hair Cutting Cloak Umbrella Cape
View on Amazon
This cape is the perfect addition to any modern salon. The cape measures 36.5” when fully expanded and it is wide enough to catch any stray hair. Made from nylon, the cape is highly durable and easy to clean. You can wash this cape or simply wipe it off with a wet cloth. When not in use, you can fold up the cape in a compact size and store it away. When you want to use this cape at home or in a barber shop, it will work best in all use cases. The cape is flexible enough to be adjusted to any neck size.
- Easy to use and wear
- Catches hair easily
- The neck is adjustable for different sizes
- The material is soft and comfortable
- Saves time needed to clean up the floor
- The bottom of the cap is difficult to fold
- The cloak is not comfortable to wear
- Not useful when cutting your own hair
- The design of the cape feels flimsy
- Hair falls out when removing the cape
2) Xbes professional Hair Cutting Cape Umbrella Cloak
View on Amazon
The gray colored salon cape is perfect for use in a salon or at home. You can use this cape while cutting your own hair and keep the floor and your clothes clean from any hair. The cape can be adjusted to fit all sizes of necks. The cape is easy to put on and remove. When you are done with cutting hair, you can fold the cape and store it as needed. The cape also offers ample space for the barber or hairstylist to move around the client and cut their hair. Made from lining fabric, this cape is soft to touch and highly durable.
- Durable material designed for extensive usage
- Easily folds into a small unit for storage
- Suitable for adults as well as children
- Neck band makes fitting easier
- Easy to clean with water and a damp cloth
- Difficult to empty hair when done
- The cape does not hold its shape over time
- The construction material is really thin
- The cape feels tighter on adults
3) Hair Cutting Cloak Umbrella Cape Salon
View on Amazon
Cutting your hair at home can be messy, but with this cape, you can reduce the mess to a minimum. This hair cutting cape catches the hair with ease, and you can dispose of the hair when you are done with the haircut. The cape is easy to wear, and you can fasten it around the neck with the provided strap. When not in use, the cape can be folded and put away with ease. Whether you need a modern cape for your home or salon, this is the perfect cape that will help to keep your clothes and floor free from hair.
- Folds up in a small package
- Keeps hair off clothes and floor
- Easy to clean
- Fastens quickly with a snug enclosure
- Made from wipe-clean nylon
- Neck size might be small for adults
- The material seems thin and flimsy
- Not useful if you are cutting your own hair
- Folding instructions are not provided
4) Barber Cloak, AMA(TM) Hair Cutting Cloak Gown
View on Amazon
This is a colorful and handy salon cloak that catches the hair clippings and prevents them from sticking to your clothes and skin. The wide area of the cape catches even the far off hair clippings and ensures that your clothes and the floor remain clean. The upside-down umbrella design cape is made from nylon that is easy to clean and lightweight too. You can fasten the cape at the neck with a touch enclosure and prevent the hair from sticking to the neck and skin. This cape is perfect for adults and children as well. Easy to use and quick to clean, this is the ideal cape for salon or home usage.
- Handy and lightweight cape
- Easy to clean with just a wipe with a wet cloth
- Adjusts to fit the neck
- V-neck design makes it easy to put on
- Shoulder seams keep the cape in place
- The cape is not wide enough to catch all the hair
- Removing hair from the cape results in spillage
- The design of the cape is flimsy
- The velcro opening creates a small hole for the neck
- The material of the cape is thin
5) WINOMO Hair Cutting Cape Adult Foldable Hair Cutting Cloak
View on Amazon
This khaki cape has an inverted umbrella design that makes it perfect for catching stray hair during a haircut. The cape is made from nylon that is lightweight and easy to clean. Once you have removed the hair from the cape, simply wipe it off with a wet cloth, and it is ready for use again. The shoulder seams of the cape make it easy to put on and, it is also great when you want to cut your own hair. The cape collects the hair without letting it touch your skin or clothes. You won’t even need to clean the hair from the floor when you use this cape. The large diameter makes it ideal for home as well as salon usage.
- Large size to catch hair
- Premium material for extended durability
- Easy to wear with the shoulder seams
- Useful for cutting your own hair
- Nylon material makes it easy to clean
FAQs about Hair Cutting Capes That Catch Hair
Buyers often have questions or queries about hair cutting capes for catching hair. Here’s a look at some of the common frequently asked questions about hair cutting capes.
Q1) I want to buy a cape for cutting my own hair. Which features should I look for?
Ans. Make sure the cape has shoulder seams as they prevent the hair from falling down the neck hole when you are cutting your own hair.
Q2) How can I clean the hair cutting cape? Can I put it in the washing machine with the rest of the clothes?
Ans. The capes are mostly made from nylon, and these are easy to clean. Simply use a wet cloth to wipe the excess hair from the cape.
Q3) Are hair cutting capes waterproof?
Ans. These capes are not waterproof. If you pour water on them, they will surely get wet. A small amount of water during a haircut won’t make a difference.
Q4) I am plus sized individual and I like to cut my own hair. Will these capes be useful for me?
Ans. Make sure you wear the cape with the velcro fastened so that the hair do not fall down the neck hole or the arm holes. Capes with bigger diameter will suit you if you are a large individual.
Q5) How can I fold the cape in a small size?
Ans. Hold both ends of the cape in your hands and twist them in opposite directions like making the 8 figure. The cape will fold in a smaller circle and you can store it easily.
Buying a modern design of hair cutting cape is the best decision you can make for your salon. This style of cape will make it easier for your staff to work on cutting the hair of customers and also create less mess of hair on the floor or the clothes of staff and customers. It is also easy to use this kind of cape by wrapping it around the client’s neck and when not in use, the cape can be stored in a small space. You can also choose from different designs and materials of the cape depending on your budget and requirements.
In all, it is a worthy investment to get umbrella design hair cutting capes as these will make your salon look modern and chic. We hope this article has helped you in deciding on the hair cutting cape you want to buy. For questions or queries, please free to discuss in the comment section and our team will get back to you at the earliest.